Trying to start once again...

From: Michael Falkenburg
Subject: Trying to start once again...
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:25:55 -0500

...after a VERY Long hiatus.

There a couple of problems I'm experiencing:

1) Trying to use Ubuntu (it's Ibex), I just can't seem to install LilyPond (ver. 2.10.33-1) correctly. There's no icon for it on the Desktop. JEdit (4.3pre16) works fine...but there no "obvious" connection between the two...hence WHY I think I haven't installed LP the way it should. And then again, I'm pretty sure that LilyPondTool is set up OK with jEdit.

2) In the past (pre-Ubuntu or ANY Linux use on my part), and now, I've also installed these 3 programs on my XP box. At least there I've got the icon on the Desktop. But dragging the sample to it produces an error message about how the .pdf file doesn't exist.

I sort of remember that in the past that a path needed to be set a certain way...but like I said, 'sort of remember'.

If you can respond (soon) it sure would help me a lot...it's snowing (again) and I have no need/plans to go anywhere. Just the perfect time to start working with Lilypond once again.

Thanks,
Mischa