Re: Chord notation in files output by Rosegarden

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: Chord notation in files output by Rosegarden
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:12:14 +1100

Lorenzo Bicci wrote:

There is no No Chords symbol or function in Rosegarden. I'm referring to
the use of "N.C." or "NC" to mean that instruments that are playing
chords must stop playing chords, which i've seen especially in pop
music. Of course a "N.C." markup could be put in as text, but it would
be more confortable and logical having the possibility to put it among
the chords in the chords section of the .ly file.
(Sorry for my bad English, I hope it was clear anyway :) )

You could always define a "no chord" markup like this:

nc={ \mark \markup{ " " \halign #-3 \sans "N.C."}}

and then in your chords, put something like \nc s1
(changing the duration of the spacer rest to suit).

Brett