Re: utf-8 characters

From: Tom Hall
Subject: Re: utf-8 characters
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:44:46 +0000 (UTC)

James E. Bailey <derhindemith <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> There may be an easier way. In osx, you have utf-8 on by default. So
> you don't need to use the lilypond special of inserting utf-8
> characters. Which, by the way, mark's way I don't understand, it uses
> scheme. The easier way is to just use \markup \concat { 4/char ##x2032 }
> But, since on osx, you have utf8 on by default, you should just be
> able to copy and paste something from the character palette directly
> into the editor.
> {
>       \mark \markup \rounded-box {
>               \small {
>                       4′33″
>               }
>       } c'2
> }

Hmm, trying the code directly above, gives me the following error (3 times)

(process:398): Pango-WARNING **: Error loading GDEF table 28333

I also get an error as follows when trying the code below:

Regards

Tom

error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_TOKEN
                         \concat { 4/char
                                          ##x2032 }

{
        \mark \markup \rounded-box {