Re: bar numbers at beginning of bar - partial solution

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: bar numbers at beginning of bar - partial solution
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:32:38 -0000

Paul Scott wrote Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:47 PM

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
The first property description on that page is:
     "X-extent (pair of numbers) Hard coded extent in X direction."

I had no trouble finding X-extent in the docs. Reading that did not tell me what X-extent meant.

So the command I suggested simply convinces the spacing engine BarNumbers have no width.

That helps me make sense of what X-extent means.

A more extensive description is rather well hidden in
section 5.5.1 of the Notation Reference.  It says:

"All graphical objects have a reference point, a horizontal extent and a vertical extent. The horizontal extent is a pair of numbers giving the displacements from the reference point of the left and right edges, displacements to the left being negative. The vertical extent is a pair of numbers giving the displacement from the reference point to the bottom and top edges, displacements down being negative."

HTH
Trevor