Re: How can I let the ambitus engraver ignore the key signature?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How can I let the ambitus engraver ignore the key signature?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:30:02 +0100

M Watts <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Hi, the following is an excerpt from a systematic listing of accordion
>> chords with different ambitus.  The ambitus engraver should not heed the
>> first (arbitrary) key signature but rather engrave as though we were in
>> c major.
>>
>> How do I do that?
>>

> I guess you discovered that if you try setting a key signature just
> for the ambitus, then changing it for the music, results in the
> amusing "warning: Two simultaneous key-change events, junking this
> one", which doesn't work.
>
> One solution is to add this line to each \new Voice:
>
> \override AmbitusAccidental #'(glyph-name-alist) = #'((0 . null) (-1/2
> . null) (1/2 . null) (1 . null) (-1 . null))
>
> The console spits out "warning: Could not find glyph-name for
> alteration -1/2" etc. etc., but it seems to do the job.

Wouldn't that just leave off the accidentals from the ambitus?  That
would not be the desired effect.  The desired effect is to have
accidentals relative to C major.

I have not checked yet, but nulling the glyph-names would appear to have
this effect, or do I just not understand what is done here?  If the
latter, could you explain?

Thanks,

--
David Kastrup