Re: feta.ttf?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: feta.ttf?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:35:31 +0200

Hi all,

2008/10/25 Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden>:
> After installing LilyPond you will have OpenType versions of the fonts
> (probably in a directory like .../lilypond/current/fonts/otf), but
> they won't work with Finale. This is because the two programs actually
> use different sets of glyphs and the two fonts store them under
> different character codes. For example, the Finale fonts have separate
> glyphs for 'f', 'ff' 'fff', and 'ffff', while LilyPond has a single
> 'f' symbol that is used to create various dynamic markings.

I had a look at the Emmentaler OTF font using the Windows Character
Map tool and the font seemed to contain only the numbers, a few
letters (m, f, s, etc.) and some punctuation marks.

I couldn't find any musical glyphs such as sharp and flat signs. I'm
writing a piece of text with another software and it would have been
nice if I could use matching glyphs in the text, too. Is there a way
to access them somehow?

-Risto