Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:59:30 -0500

When I start to work with the Tab features, my guess is that most of what we do (at least initially) will go right to the LSR. That will probably include scores for Gtr./Tab, 7-string Gtr./Tab, and 4, 5 and 6 string Bass/Tab. I really haven't started to explore LilyPond's Tab features.

On a related note (related to our efforts in documenting LilyPond's yet-to-be-implemented features Re:Tab), I've started to catalog the different bends that are currently not supported in LilyPond. So far, we have three individuals who wish to be included in the discussion on Tab implementation. If we get about 10, I'll open up a temporary mailing list. If it's just three or four, we can circulate our ideas off-list and then hit up -devel when we have something to propose.

Cheers!

Dave

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
David Stocker wrote:
Standard Electric basses have four strings, so that would probably be useful to most people using a Bass/Tab template. That being said--5, 6, 7 and more strings are becoming more and more common all the time.
I think approx. 80 % use 4 string electric bass, 18 % 5 strings and 2 % 6 or more...
So maybe you could make a template for 4 strings and 5 strings....
Or a handy way to choose how many strings you want...

\r

Dave
Wilbert (and David),

Am I right that your electric bassguitar template has 6 strings? I think for bass 4 strings would fit better (or maybe 5 strings)... What do you think David?

Regards,

\r