Re: \transpose and \transposition combination error(?)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: \transpose and \transposition combination error(?)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:53:19 -0000

Peter Chubb wrote Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:28 AM
"Trevor" == Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> writes:

Trevor> Producing the correct pitch in MIDI for transposing
Trevor> instruments being notated at pitch is certainly the principal Trevor> use of \transposition. It's other use is to transpose cues Trevor> into the correct pitch when they appear in other parts. So if
Trevor> you don't need either MIDI or cues \transposition can be
Trevor> ignored.

I also use it when entering music from an already transposed score. I make too many mistakes if I try to transpose in my head (particularly in keys like aes-minor, clarinet notated in bes-minor, lots of accidentals)

Wouldn't you use \transpose for this?