Re: [LilyKDE] Re: [Frescobaldi] Bass and Electric Bass template, tab tun

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: [LilyKDE] Re: [Frescobaldi] Bass and Electric Bass template, tab tunings support
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:58:31 -0500

By convention, double-bass and electric bass are notated using a standard bass clef with the understanding that the notes sound one octave lower than they appear on the staff. Guitar is the same way, but it is becoming more common to to use a modern tenor clef (i.e. "treble_8") now than in the past. I'm not sure whether the same is true for bass. Perhaps there is a bass meister on the list who knows better than I?

Generally, either is considered acceptable and which one you use is a matter of editorial preference. For completeness, it would probably be a good idea if there were an easy way to do either.

Dave

Grammostola Rosea wrote: