programming error: cannot align on self: empty element

From: melkiy
Subject: programming error: cannot align on self: empty element
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:24:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello.

I write choir scores with 4 voices on 3 staffs. Under the staffs i write
lyrics but not all the time: sometimes the lyrics is the same for two
staffs, and i want to leave the words between 2 staffs. That is i want the
lyrics to be under the 1st staff and not to be under the 2nd one somewhere -
not to overburden the scores.

I tried to hide the identical part of text with
   \override LyricText   #'stencil = ##f %make text invisible
   \override LyricHyphen #'stencil = ##f %make text hyphens invisible
   some text
   \revert LyricText   #'stencil
   \revert LyricHyphen #'stencil

but this resulted in heaps of warnings:
"programming error: cannot align on self: empty element
continuing, cross fingers".

I hope you would give me one of the workarounds:

1) explain why the warnings appear (although the scores are compilable)

2) tell me a better way to stop and to start lyrics for a certain voice when
i wish. The structure of my score is:

  \score
  {
    \new ChoirStaff
    <<
      \new Staff
      <<
        \clef "treble"
        \new Voice = "Sop"  { \voiceOne \TimeKey \SopMusic }
        \new Voice = "Alto" { \voiceTwo \AltoMusic }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Sop" { \WordsSop }

      \new Staff
      <<
        \clef "treble"
        \new Voice = "Tenor" { \oneVoice \TimeKey \TenorMusic }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor"
        {
              \WordsTenor  %!!!! This words need not to be continuously
        }

%Bass staff yet....

    \layout  { }