Re: "Orphaned pages"

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: "Orphaned pages"
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:28:49 +0000

Håvar Skaugen wrote:
Hello

Thanks for developing lilypond. I have begun to typeset all my music with lilypond and I'm very content with the results. However, there's one feature I'm missing:

Is it possible to make lilypond avoid orphaned pages; pages that have only one staff or system. These orphaned pages often appear when I make individual parts from my scores. Would it be possible for lilypond to automatically detect orphaned pages and make the staff size slightly smaller until the page disappears?

Check section:

4.1.2 Page formatting

...in the docs. I think system-count and/or page-count will do what you want.

David