[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: tweaking lilypond and mediawiki

From: Glen Hein
Subject: Re: tweaking lilypond and mediawiki
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:29:30 -0700

Ah ha!! The trick to getting the <lilybook> images to discard the whitespace is to set the tagline to "" in the header. I fixed the rendering on my test page. My next hurdle is to get scores with multiple output pages to work.

One thing I had to do was tweak the code that came from MediaWiki. It concerns the command line arguments being sent to lilypond. The original is:
	$cmd = $wgLilypond .
" --safe --backend=eps --format=png --header=texidoc " .
escapeshellarg($lyFile) . " 2>&1";
And here is my version:

        $cmd = $wgLilypond .
                " -dbackend=eps --png --header=texidoc " .
                escapeshellarg($lyFile) . " 2>&1";

Are there any other arguments you would recommend for 2.11.65?

I didn't add in the -dbackend=#t argument because I want to use the predefined fretboard diagrams. So from a security point-of-view, how bad/dangerous is it to have safe disabled for a publicly editted wiki?


On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Glen Hein <address@hidden> wrote:

I figured out one thing so far. For a lilypond fragment, an extra space between the last note and the end-tag causes the extra whitespace to be removed. Take a look at:Now, I need to figure out how to do the same to images created with the <lilybook> tags.


On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Hajo Dezelski <address@hidden> wrote:

no you haven't goofed up the code. I have the same problems. I worked with some tricks combining the different melodies in one score, but couldn't solve the problem. Help would be welcome.

... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
tweaking lilypond and mediawiki

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]