Re: Naming output files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Naming output files
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:58:19 +0100

Francisco Vila wrote:

... Is there a command I can add to a \book{}
block to specify the output file name, or the suffix to add to the base
name. E.g. to get files names such as:

song-C.pdf
song-Eb.pdf
etc.

The answer is in the manual, see Application Usage 3.2.1
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Invoking-lilypond.html
The obvious follow-up question is, why you get the additional number even when the file name would be unique without the number, i.e. when the output-suffix is set differently for each book block. I realize that it probably requires a few more lines of code in the LilyPond implementation to handle the book-keeping, but it would still be a valuable feature. Therefore, I send a copy of this feature request
to bug-lilypond.

   /Mats