Re: Ossia in String Quartet

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Ossia in String Quartet
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:03:23 +0100

I hope you replaced your current line

          \tag #'score \tag #' vn1 \new Staff { << \global \ViolineEins >> }

          \tag #'score \tag #' vn1 \new Staff = ViolineEins { << \global \ViolineEins
>> }

in your \score block and didn't add James' suggestion as an extra line somewhere.

grisu_76 wrote:
I tried that, but now - after the compiling-process - it is printed out as a
Quintet: there's an additional staff, and the ossia-part ist still below the
cello; maybe the problem is, that the staffs of the full-score are
'produced' with the additional file - I confess, I'm a little confused...
Could it be a problem with the "\tag"- feature used to split the quartet
into parts?
regards, Christian

James E. Bailey-3 wrote:
You need to name the Staff that ViolineEins is on. ViolineEins = \new Staff = ViolineEins \new Voice \relative c' {music}