need spanner-bound data for slur control points

From: madMuze
Subject: need spanner-bound data for slur control points
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:49:40 -0800 (PST)

With much gratitude to Neil Puttock
(http://www.nabble.com/flatten-ties-~-proportional-notation.-to21076458.html#a21080158),
I've learned how to set some slur control points based on the staff position
of the first note:
  defining noteLeft as (ly:grob-parent (ly:grob-original grob) X)
makes it possible to get info such as:
  (ly:grob-property noteLeft 'Y-offset) or even
  (cdr (ly:grob-property noteLeft 'X-extent)) among other thingsā€¦

Now, of course, I'd like to automate the right-bound info. Specifically, I'd
like the end point to remain associated with the last note under the slur,
rather than setting a constant span-length. Among many other things, I've
been focusing on "ly:spanner-bound grob 1", but don't understand how to make
it reference the slur itself. Is this even the right path?

Do any of you wizards have this figured out?
Thanks!
David