Re: How do you run/open Lilypond?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: How do you run/open Lilypond?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:19:46 +0800

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:13:45PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op dinsdag 24-03-2009 om 09:55 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Jonathan
> Kulp:
>
> > Check the third question/answer on this page:
> >
> > http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=FAQ
>
> Why do we have to send a mail to point to a faq on some off-site wiki?

Because nobody reads the faq on lilypond.org, because the web
pages are sucky[1], because I haven't fixed them yet.

[1]  I'm talking about information flow and organization, not
things like CSS and the kinds of images we have.

> Can't we make lilypond pop-up a web page when invoked without arguments
> or something like that?

Sure, do you feel like writing a cross-platform web-page opener?
You of all people know the ickiness involved in this.  ;)

> I can imagine that not everyone who hits this goes through the trouble
> of mailing lilypond-user...?

Yep.  On the plus side, we only need to hold out for another few
months.  (I'll start in early June, and I won't have a day job.)

Cheers,
- Graham