Re: odd configure error

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: odd configure error
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:24:32 +0100

Op donderdag 26-03-2009 om 21:06 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Graham

> > GIT from
> >     git clone git://
> This does not set up easy pulling or pushing in the future, and
> generally assumes that people know how to use git

> > To get the main source code and documentation,
> > mkdir lilypond; cd lilypond
> > git init-db
> > git remote add -f -t master -m master origin
> > git://
> > git checkout -b master origin/master
> After approximately four hours of discussion between git experts
> and non-experts, we decided that this is the best sequence of
> commands for most contributors.

Well, this is utterly ridiculous IMNSHO.  I would suggest to

  * fix the main lilypond repo so that git clone "just works", or
  * ask on address@hidden what else we're doing wrong, or
  * fix git so that git clone "just works"

If all of these fail, and git clone is *supposed* to be utterly
unusable, I suggest to look seriously into switching to bazaar or hg.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter       |