Re: Problem with arpeggio across voices and fingering

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Problem with arpeggio across voices and fingering
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:30:44 +0100

Nick Payne wrote:
What I want is the fingering just to the left of the notes and the arpeggio just to the left of the fingering.

I'm pretty sure you ought to change the order in which these things are hung onto the side of the notes. But I'm afraid I can't help you with that. As regards horizontal tweaking, this is hampered by the fingering being referenced to the arpeggio. If both are referenced to the note it gets more manageable. Here is a hack which does such juggling:

   \once \override Staff.Arpeggio #'direction = #RIGHT
   \once \override Staff.Arpeggio #'padding = #-4

Cheers,
Robin