Re: custom keysignature help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: custom keysignature help
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:31:35 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Montag, 6. April 2009 schrieb James E. Bailey:
I'm trying to figure out what the character in the custom key
signature is, and it's not working for me. I've tried copying and
pasting from the manual, but it's not working for. I get these errors:
Vol Fehler: GUILE signalisierte einen Fehler für den
hier beginnenden Ausdruck
                         \set Staff.keySignature = #
                                                    `(((0 . 3) . ,SHARP)

Should this really be a ` or rather a ' (i.e. a quote, not an accent)? The thing in parentheses after the # is simply a list to Scheme and thus needs to be quoted with a ', because otherwise Scheme would try to evaluate it as a function call.
No, it's a back quote. See for example for a short explanation.