General settings in ext file

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: General settings in ext file
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to put some gensettings in one .ly file to be included in my
One of this settings is:

\context {
    % add the RemoveEmptyStaffContext that erases rest-only staves

for removing empty staves lines. But how can I put this in a file which will
be included at the beg. of a document outside the \layout? What's the best
way to achive this and similar settings in a general settings file?

Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Main Software used:

- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP sp3; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond 2.12 for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies