Re: Real-world usage of Lilypond

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Real-world usage of Lilypond
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:57:03 +0200

Graham, list,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 11:56:16AM +0200, Christ van Willegen wrote:
>> Are there any people out there that would be willing to help make this
>> possible?
>
> Are you?  The best way to get this started is to join the Frogs,
> our team of bugfixers.  After fixing a few bugs, you'll be able to
> start extending lilypond in the direction(s) you desire.

I'd be willing to help, by:
- Helping typeset songs for Het Nieuwe Liedboek
(http://www.kerklied.net/hetnieuweliedboek)
- Helping bugfix Lilypond and/or entending it (if I can!)

Question: Can anyone help me setup a Q virtual machine that can build
Lilypond from source? I'd rather use a virtual machine, because it's
easier to use across multiple computers (I have a Mac (PowerPC) and a
PC (running Ubuntu), so having my build system as a separate 'system'
would be nice!).

It seems that (parts of) Lily is in C++, which I've been using since
1995. So, I can read and (probably) bugfix in it. I guess I'll have to
learn other languages on the way as well, including .ly (since it's
changed a lot sometimes!)

So, you can probably add me to the list of Frogs. Is there a 'central
place' for new people to 'gather and discuss'?

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0