TextSpanner at Score level?

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: TextSpanner at Score level?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:08:31 +0200

Is it possible to have a text spanner at the score level instead at
the Staff level?
I have a tempo indication "Stringendo - - - - -" which appears at
every line of the conductor score. This is too much. The original
score I am copying has printed it only above wind instruments, string
instruments and below the score. It easier to read.
I could use the \tempo command but then I do not get the - - - -.

Frédéric