Re: TextSpanner at Score level?

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: TextSpanner at Score level?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:49:01 +0200

On 19 Apr 2009, at 08:08, Frédéric Bron wrote:
Is it possible to have a text spanner at the score level instead at
the Staff level?
I have a tempo indication "Stringendo - - - - -" which appears at
every line of the conductor score. This is too much. The original
score I am copying has printed it only above wind instruments, string
instruments and below the score. It easier to read.
I could use the \tempo command but then I do not get the - - - -.

remove the Text_spanner_engraver from the individual voice contexts and put it in the score context.

something like this [n.b.: untested]:

\new Score \with {
        \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
} <<
        \new Staff {
                \new Voice \with {
                        \remove "Text_spanner_engraver"
                } { \yourMusic}
        }
        % rep. ad absurdum

disadvantage is that you need to do that for all instruments in your score need to be put into a voice. it's a starting point though.

regards,
sb
--
Simon Bailey