RE: Head of merged half note getting filled

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Head of merged half note getting filled
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 18:13:11 +1000

Yes - I was just illustrating what seems to be to be a bug.

> You can also use much simpler \stemUp, \stemDown, and \stemNeutral
> commands to control direction of stems.

If I have one note each bar that requires a direction change, then it's
actually simpler to use the \once command, as \stemUp requires the
corresponding \stemDown or \stemNeutral after the note. I have a standard
file of shortcuts I include in every score that contains, inter alia:

onceSlurDown = \once \override Slur #'direction = #DOWN
onceSlurUp = \once \override Slur #'direction = #UP
onceTieDown = \once \override Tie #'direction = #DOWN
onceTieUp = \once \override Tie #'direction = #UP
onceStemDown = \once \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN
onceStemUp = \once \override Stem #'direction = #UP

and I use these shortcuts quite a lot.

Nick