horizontal alignment suggestions

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: horizontal alignment suggestions
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 09:16:48 +0200

I'm having a difficult time figuring out a spacing puzzle.

I'd like to have a series of systems centered in the middle of the page. That part isn't the problem. The problem comes when the system has an instrumentName set. The system is moved slightly to the right to accomodate the instrumentName. Essentially, I'd like the instrumentName to not be calculated as part of the system width. Is this possible? Where would I find out how to do this? Or, is there another way that I'm just not aware of?

Thanks for any help

James E. Bailey