Re: Lyric problem when alternative begins with a rest

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Re: Lyric problem when alternative begins with a rest
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 19:44:22 +0100

2009/5/12 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> This is unfortunately not a good habit and I remember several emails on the
> mailing lists over the years where people have got problems because they
> have used this solution. Since I'm getting senile I cannot recall exactly
> what the problem was (an immediate problem that comes to my mind is that
> \unfoldRepeats won't work).

Another problem is that the midi output doesn't play the repeat, but
plays the first- and second-time sections one after the other. Which
doesn't sound good.

I've tried wrapping the entire system in the repeat structure, but
that doesn't work either:

\version "2.12.2"
\include "english.ly"

\score {
        \repeat volta 2 {
                <<
                \new Staff {
                        \relative c' {
                        c4 d e f |
                }
                \addlyrics do re mi fa

        }
        \alternative  {
                {
                        <<
                        \new Staff {
                                \relative c
                                {
                                        r2 r4 g4
                        \addlyrics sol

                }
                {
                        <<
                        \new Staff {
                                \relative c
                                {
                                        c1,
                        \addlyrics doh.

gives the same problem as before.

Can anybody work out why the g is in a volta bracket labelled "1.-2."
-- that seems odd, as neither the note nor the word should be there on
the second pass.

--
Tim Rowe