Re: Bass in Chord Name

From: Stjepan Brbot
Subject: Re: Bass in Chord Name
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 04:26:01 -0700 (PDT)

Marc Hohl wrote:

>  descried his analysis about chords representation

Thanks Marc very very much. Actually your code does not work for me but you
pointed me to right direction. I analyzed ly/property-init.ly and
scm/chord-name.scm files and functions in them to understand how chord logic
works.

After several tunings and tries I found very simple solution for my need. I
do not even need to change property-init.ly and chord-name.scm. I shouldn't
use internal \germanChords directive, but define in my lilypond file the
following:

\set chordRootNamer = #(chord-name->german-markup #t)

After this both chords and basses in chords are represented using "H" and
"B" (not "B" and "Bb"). Surprisingly how simple solution became at the end.