Re: How to really center a text above a note?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: How to really center a text above a note?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 23:48:27 +0200

Op zondag 24 mei 2009, schreef madMuze:
> perhaps a Schemer could pull the X-extent info from the attachment point
> notehead, divide it by 2 and send that to the offset. Meanwhile, it may to
> helpful to know that:
>  quarter-note head width = about 1.31
>  half-note head width = about 1.39
>  whole-note head width = about 1.96
> (in staff space units)

Thanks! But I think lyrics and dynamics are also able to center themselves
nicely. So there must be way to get the center.

Breakable object have a break-align-anchor-alignment option that exactly
specifies which side to use for aligning other things, but it seems not to
work with common notes.

I will try looking in the LilyPond source code to see how lyrics and dynamics
do it...

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--