Re: The fastest way to typeset orchestral scores, especially when splitt

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: The fastest way to typeset orchestral scores, especially when splitting the work to many workers
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:12:21 -0400

It'd be best to split the work amongst many workers who each typeset individual instruments. Then, all the parts can be collected in the conductor's score using \include.

See here <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Including-LilyPond-files#index-_005cinclude-1> and here <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Scores-and-parts#Scores-and-parts> in the documentation.

Hope that helps.

David

Daryna Baikadamova wrote:
I plan to typeset some orchestral works.  Within a movement, is it
faster to typeset a instrument at time, or an orchestral page (i.e.
open edit display for all instruments, so I need to 13 tabs in my
editor) at a time?

Also if I am able to split the work to a group of workers, is it a
good idea to give each worker an instrument?

Thanks!

Daryna