Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:56:11 +0200

David Stocker schrieb:
If I may chime in...

This may just be a matter of editorial taste, but would it be possible to make it so the 'X' on in the Tab staff is not the musical glyph from Feta, but rather the character 'capital X' from the same font set being used for tab numbers? For example, instead of #'glyph-name #"2cross", use whatever command would call the capital X from whichever font tab numbers are set to?

I believe that this looks better on the page than mixing music glyphs and text glyphs in the tab staff, particularly where tab numbers and muted strings are part of the same chord.
Hm, in my opinion, this looks not very convincing. I defined

#(define (xx-tab-format str context event)
 (make-whiteout-markup
   (make-vcenter-markup
     (markup "X"))))

so the "X" matches the font and font-size of the numbers.
I have attached an example.

Marc

PNG image