Re: Hairpin after-line-breaking -- how?

From: Selyem Zoltan
Subject: Re: Hairpin after-line-breaking -- how?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:30:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Gilles THIBAULT wrote:

I want the hairpin to end on the first note of a new line.
\relative g'{
 \override Score.Hairpin #'after-line-breaking = ##t
 g2\< a4 a4 | \break
 b2.\! r4}
But it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
If i have well understood, 'after-line-breaking is a callback function to allow user to tweak some parameters if a line break does occur, not to decide if you want or not to split a grob after a line break. (see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Difficult-tweaks#Difficult-tweaks )
So the only (ugly) solution i know is :

%%%%%%%%%%%%
  \relative g'{
        g2\< a4 a4 | \break
        s16 b2.*11/12\! r4
        c1
  }

but it is not very usefull in the "Real Life" because you generally don't know where a line break occurs.

Gilles

Thank you very much for this brilliant solution. It is perfect for me,
because I usually have small choral works that fit on 1 or 2 pages.

But I hope that I'm not the only one who wishes that creating
"split hairpins" automatically in these cases would be possible again.
(It's ok if the syntax changes, of course.)

        Zoltán