Re: Notation Editor with MIDI

From: Andy
Subject: Re: Notation Editor with MIDI
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:44:37 +0000 (UTC)

Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola <at>> writes:

> > Try Musescore
> >
> > \r
> btw why don't you install ubuntu 9.04? It has all you want.
> Lilypond
> Musescore
> Nted
> Rosegarden
> Frescobaldi
Do I need all these programs to generate MIDI? It looks like I had only to
install MuseScore on VISTA. I installed it within a minute and it runs.

Since I asked in a Lilypond forum, I tried to generate a .ly file. This works,
but MuseScore hangs, when I try to open the saved file. But this was only an
experiment and should not affect normal work. I will report it in MuseScore

Many thanks to all who answered.