MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:47:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to export a lilypond score to MIDI (then I want to import it in TuxGuitar).
I have 2 problems:

1. the score starts with a partial measure, but the MIDI can't understand that...so when I import it in TuxGuitar, the notes are not placed correctly in the bars.
There's any cool workaround?

I know TuxGuitar does not support partial measure.. Maybe I should write a score tailored for the midi output (beside the one for the PDF output) and substitute \partial with some rests.

2. the repeats and alternatives are not displayed correctly. I've read about this workaround:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Repeats-in-MIDI#Repeats-in-MIDI

But the problem is: I have a two voice score and the repeats are in the voices. Again, I can't see any solution but writing a tailored score for the MIDI output (that is, creating a copy of the voices and replacing volta repeats with unfold repeats).

Or there is a smarter way to get the same result?

Thanks for your help!

Federico

To be very clear, I'm thinking about something like this:

% pdf output music
upper= { music with \partial and volta repeats...}
lower= { music with \partial and volta repeats...}

\score {
 <<
     \new Staff = "guitar" <<
\context Voice = "upper guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceOne \upper } \context Voice = "lower guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceTwo \lower } >>
     \new TabStaff = "tab" <<
\context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne \upper } \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo \lower } >>

        \layout {

% midi output music
uppermidi= { music without \partial and with unfold repeats... }
lowermidi= { music without \partial and with unfold repeats... }

\score {
 <<
     \new Staff = "guitar" <<
\context Voice = "upper guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceOne \uppermidi } \context Voice = "lower guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceTwo \lowermidi } >>
     \new TabStaff = "tab" <<
\context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne \uppermidi } \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo \lowermidi } >>

        \midi {