Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:34:09 +1000

>>>>> "Federico" == Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

Federico> Hi, I'm trying to export a lilypond score to MIDI (then I
Federico> want to import it in TuxGuitar).  I have 2 problems:

Federico> 1. the score starts with a partial measure, but the MIDI
Federico> can't understand that...so when I import it in TuxGuitar,
Federico> the notes are not placed correctly in the bars.  There's any
Federico> cool workaround?

MIDI should understand this. But:...

Federico> I know TuxGuitar does not support partial measure.. Maybe I
Federico> should write a score tailored for the midi output (beside
Federico> the one for the PDF output) and substitute \partial with
Federico> some rests.

Federico> 2. the repeats and alternatives are not displayed
Federico> correctly. I've read about this workaround:
Federico>
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Repeats-in-MIDI#Repeats-in-MIDI

\unfoldRepeats will still work.

Do like this: