Creating cropped pngs of each individual system

From: Samuel Hartmann
Subject: Creating cropped pngs of each individual system
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:19:11 +0200

Hi,

Today's version of OOoLilyPond inserts the whole piece as one png. The
problem is then that page breaks cannot be handled by OpenOffice.org
that way. The solution would be to insert each system of the piece as
a separate image. I have found a way to create eps files of each
system. Unfortunately the same method does not work for png.

As input file ("test.ly") I am using:

\paper{
  indent=0\mm
%  #(define dump-extents #t)
  line-width=120\mm
  oddFooterMarkup=##f
  oddHeaderMarkup=##f
  bookTitleMarkup = ##f
  scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
  print-page-number = ##f
  between-system-padding=100\cm
  page-top-space = 0\cm
  head-separation = 0\cm
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

\score { \repeat unfold 10 { c'4 d' e' f' } }

The command that creates perfectly cropped eps files is:

lilypond -dresolution=300 -dno-pont-and-click -dbackend=eps
-dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts test.ly

When trying to create pngs it does not work. I tried:

lilypond -dresolution=300 -dno-pont-and-click -dbackend=eps
-dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts -f png test.ly

Unfortunately this creates only one png file with both systems.

When using -dbackend=ps then I get two png files but the pngs are not
cropped. Using ImageMagick to crop is not a solution for me because I
don't like OOoLilyPond to depend on it.

Does anybody have a solution for me? Would be great.

Samuel
http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net