Re: new website: initial comments

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:43:09 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 04:40:17PM +0200, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

Several times had we discussions on the list that the recommended
editors (namely JEdit/LilyPondTool and Frescobaldi) should have their
download links on the homepage.

Yes, and we've had an open request for "help wanted: make a page
showing off different editors" for the past 3 years...

Ok, I'll create this page.

Discussion of different editing environments (with screenshots)
will go in LM 1 -- before even the tutorial.  That's not going to
start until I'm finished the website[1], though.

I mean where could the "Choose a LilyPond Editor to download" page go. Not the discussions about the editors, but the links with screenshots to download the 2 mostly recommended development environment.

I imagine that on the right side of the homepage there are three download links:

Latest version: 2.12.3
- Download LilyPond -> On the download page mention, that LilyPond has more than one graphical user interface to use, so the user should choose one.
- Download an editor -> this would go to the page briefly describing the two officially recommended editors
- Download the documentation -> intentionally goes as the third.

Bert