Re: new website: initial comments

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 03:06:41 -0700

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:19:17AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2009/6/23 Hans Aberg <address@hidden>:
> > The LilyPond logo
> > could get some more color.
>
> Graham, without necessarily using a different image, you can simply
> modify the color levels in the existing one; here's a slightly
> better-looking version (IMO) that I've just made using the Gimp:
>
> http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/sketchbook/double-lily-modified.png

I'm really concerned about readability; that is why I made a
"washed-out" version.

Have you tried seeing if "LilyPond" is still readable on smaller
screen resolutions (800x600).  That is, with the current design, the
word "LilyPond" will overlap the image, so the contrast has to be
sufficient.

Also, I'm thinking about turning "LilyPond" into a PNG (typeset in
Century Schoolbook L), so that it won't use a generic font.  Of
course, the header will still be preserved, just hidden from view.

-Patrick