Re: instrument name misalignment

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: instrument name misalignment
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:22:26 +0200

Am Montag, 6. Juli 2009 14:58:30 schrieb Alan Shaw:
> You're right of course; I just thought it was worth asking on the off
> chance that someone would know right away what I was talking about and I
> could save myself the hour or so it would take to construct a "minimal"
> example.
>
> In the course of doing that I've found one further necessary condition for
> the problem to appear: the volta engraver has to be in the Staff context. In
> the example below, there should be a line break between first and second
> ending at the default line width. The "Mar." appears about even with the
> top staff line. If you leave the volta engraver in the Score context, the
> name is normally centered.
>
> Of course in the example there is no good reason to move the volta
> engraver, but in the actual music there is.

Attached is an even more minimal example (for the bug tracker). I also noticed
that the problem does not appear with the first alternative (if the first
alternative starts in a new line), but only with the second.

The problem also appears with lilypond 2.13.2.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886