Re: Score staff order

From: Kalen Mercer
Subject: Re: Score staff order
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:44:37 -0400

Your structure is:

A StaffGroup (winds) in parallel with a PianoStaff (harps), and another
StaffGroup (strings) consisting of a GrandStaff in parallel with a Staff and
a Second GrandStaff

But you don't have the SimultaneousMusic indicators << before the first
StaffGroup, so LilyPond doesn't know how to deal with the winds staff group
followed by the harps piano staff.

The solution:  Add a << before the first \new StaffGroup, and make sure you
match << with >> appropriately.

HTH,

Carl

Hmm... I added << after the \score and after all of the staffs. But another error ( what a surprise! ) showed up: the horrid #(if (and (ly:get-option 'old-relative)! Oh, how I hate that one. Thanks to google I just inserted

\ly:get-option 'old-relative-used

And it works! Thanks for the help.

Kalen