Re: new spacing test/example

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: new spacing test/example
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:50:59 -0400

Hi Carl,

p.s. Clearly, these instructions should be in the Lilypond docs
instead of spread all over mao's green web < once I've got things up
and running, I'll put together a doc patch so that future Mac users
won't have to go through all this frustration...

Ivo Boumann's web site (which is linked from the download page) shows
multiple ways of installing LilyPond, including the link to Nicolas's how-to guide.

I personally don't think that's sufficient: the docs should be self- contained, yes? At the very least, one shouldn't have to look in three different places in the docs — including one not in English — and *still* not have enough information to compile from source.

Cheers,
Kieren.