Re: new website, draft 7

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website, draft 7
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:47:13 -0700

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:41:06PM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> When I looked at my commit in gitk I didn't see the whole commit message. Did
> you see it? I did that one-line message, then went down a couple of lines and
> used # comment lines to further explain the Makefile change.

*head smack*

Jonathan, didn't you notice the:
  # (Comment lines starting with '#' will not be included)
line that's included every time you type "git commit" ?

:P

> but I guess it's defined further up the tree. I didn't realize there was a new
> "generate-examples" target. Sorry if I caused troubles. :(

No, it's no trouble at all.  As I said, these makefiles won't ever
be used in the main branch.  And hopefully we won't have to update
the examples ever again on web-gop... and if we do, it's no
trouble to do so from that dir, rather than the texinfo/ dir.

Cheers,
- Graham