Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:37:59 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:03 AM

Well, we don't _know_ that google ignores meta keywords.  If it
doesn't, then what about putting

I believe it does, as they were so misused.

@divClass{hide}
free software free sheet music free open pdf kyon-kun denwa free
music notation quality engraving computational aesthetics making
great music for free linux music osx music windows music hey maybe
Han-Wen can hack google to make our page to show up higher
classical engraving modern sheet music contemporary sheet music
typography
@divEnd

This crawler spam will downgrade rankings
in Google.  They specifically look for text
which is hidden or difficult to see, for
example if it is a similar colour to
the background, and drop the ranking if
any is found, and encourage people to
report websites that use any other sneaky
way of fooling search engines, resulting
in a complete ban.  Not a good idea.

Trevor