Re: Strumming rhythm for chord progression

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Strumming rhythm for chord progression
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:28:14 +0200

Hello Christian,

everytime you want to enter chord, you have to put it in \chordmode. This version compiled in my Lilypond:
\header {
 title = " \"Creep\" by Radiohead"
}
<<
  \new ChordNames {
\chordmode { g1 g1:sus4  }

 }

 \new Voice \with {
   \consists Pitch_squash_engraver
 } \relative c'' {
   %\improvisationOn
g1
%next line should work in chordmode
\chordmode { g1:sus4 }

The \improvisationOn is commented out, because I am not used to it ;) and it doesn't look like it is doing the right thing in chordmode(?). The g1:sus4 looks the same as the g1.

Cheers,
Jan-Peter.