Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:34:22 +0000

As a follow-up, have the people with "unwanted accidentals" seen this:

...and is it not clear? The last example on that page shouldn't be any less clear than the example I gave.

David Bobroff wrote:
Correct. *ALL* pitches in the input *must* be explicitly given. The key signature assignment tells LilyPond how to display the pitches. For exmaple; 'e' *always* means e-natural no matter what the key signature is.

Simon Mackenzie wrote:
Hi guys correct me if I am wrong.

The g minor chord has two flats Eb & Bb which need to be marked as es and bes in Lilypond other wise the Accidental_engraver sees them as naturals in the g minor chord, hence the natural symbol for any unmarked E or B note in your music.

Just trying to see if I understand this all correctly?
How did I do?