linking render frames in Scribus

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: linking render frames in Scribus
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 01:47:43 +0200

Anybody of you has tried using Scribus 1.3.5 to render LilyPond files?
See here: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes

If the score is one page only, it works fine.
But if it's 2 pages or more, I could not find any way to spread the LilyPond output over the pages.
So I can see just one page and all the other pages are hidden..

For text, the "Link Text Frames" function allows to automatically distribute a long text over many pages. A sort of "Link Render Frames" would be very useful, but, afaik, it's still missing..

According to this page, it's unlikely something like this will be developed (I should ask the developers, though).
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6987

<cite>
>> Would it be possible to link latex render frames together, so that a larger latex document can be typeset with Scribus?

Not really as latex frames are basically images frames
</cite>

I guess I'll have to go back to LaTeX and lilypond-book..

Federico