Re: linking render frames in Scribus

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: linking render frames in Scribus
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 00:54:47 +0200

M Watts wrote:
On 08/29/2009 09:47 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
Anybody of you has tried using Scribus 1.3.5 to render LilyPond files?
See here: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes

If the score is one page only, it works fine.
But if it's 2 pages or more, I could not find any way to spread the
LilyPond output over the pages.
So I can see just one page and all the other pages are hidden..

One way is to split or burst the lilypond pdf so that each page is a separate pdf; there's a number of commandline utilities to do this, such as pdftk <pdftk.com>

thanks for the hint
anyway, it's not handy and it does not worth

I think this feature of Scribus is good for showing small pieces of LilyPond output (for example, in a book about musical theory).

But if you want to make a complete book (which is my case), with many scores, you have to use other methods.

As far as I know, there are two ways:
* lilypond-book and LaTeX
* \book and \bookpart blocks in LilyPond

Less intuitive, but much more powerful.. if I only managed to get them working ;-)

Cheers,

Federico