Re: linking render frames in Scribus

From: Pierre Couderc
Subject: Re: linking render frames in Scribus
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 04:47:19 +0200

Federico Bruni a écrit :
M Watts wrote:
On 08/29/2009 09:47 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
Anybody of you has tried using Scribus 1.3.5 to render LilyPond files?
See here: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes

If the score is one page only, it works fine.
But if it's 2 pages or more, I could not find any way to spread the
LilyPond output over the pages.
So I can see just one page and all the other pages are hidden..

One way is to split or burst the lilypond pdf so that each page is a separate pdf; there's a number of commandline utilities to do this, such as pdftk <pdftk.com>

thanks for the hint
anyway, it's not handy and it does not worth

I think this feature of Scribus is good for showing small pieces of LilyPond output (for example, in a book about musical theory).

But if you want to make a complete book (which is my case), with many scores, you have to use other methods.

As far as I know, there are two ways:
* lilypond-book and LaTeX
* \book and \bookpart blocks in LilyPond

Less intuitive, but much more powerful.. if I only managed to get them working ;-)

Cheers,

Federico

Mmm, anybody of you has tried using Latex to render LilyPond files with lilypond-book)?
I have a problem  with it : the order of objects is lost.
My code is short, I paste it below.
I get the 1rst line of lilypond before is it expected : at the end of 1rst page, before "Ordinaire..." I cannot split my lilypond code into smaller parts : it is not possible in gregorian.

Thank you for any help
Pierre Couderc

\documentclass[a5paper,10pt,french]{book}
\usepackage{fancybox}
\usepackage{shadow}
\usepackage{extsizes}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{babel}
\usepackage{verbatim}
\author{pcouderc}
\title{Essai}

\begin{document}

\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{figure}
   \center
\includegraphics[width=80mm]{../Vierge_au_Chapelet_1.jpg}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}
   \center
{\Huge Ordinaire des Vêpres du Jeudi}
%\end{figure}
%\begin{figure}
   \center
Rite romain
\end{figure}

\newpage

\begin{lilypond}
\version "2.12.1"
\include "gregorian.ly"

    \score {
      <<
        \new VaticanaVoice = "cantus" {
     \clef "vaticana-do3"
       %   De- us in ad- iu- tó- rium_  me- um in- tende.
     a a  \divisioMinima a a a  \[ a\melisma \pes b\melismaEnd \]   a
   a a a g  \[ g\melisma \pes a\melismaEnd \]  a \finalis
       %   R/._Dó- mi- ne, ad ad- iu- ván- dum me fes- tí- na
a a a \divisioMinima a a a a a a g \[ g\melisma \pes a\melismaEnd \] a \divisioMaxima
      % Glo- ri- a Pa- tri, et Fí- li- o, et Spi- rí- tu- i Sanc- to
a a a a a a a g g \divisioMinima g a a a g \[ g\melisma \pes a\melismaEnd \] a \divisioMaxima
   %  Si- cut e- rat in prin- ci- pi- o, %  et nunc et sem- per
   a a a a a a a a a a a a a g  \divisioMinima
   % et in sæ- cu- la sæ- cu- ló- rum. A-  men Allelúia.
   g a a a a a a a g   \[ g\melisma \pes a\melismaEnd \] a  \divisioMaior
a \[ a\melisma \pes b\melismaEnd \] \[ a\melisma \flexa \deminutum g\melismaEnd \] g \finalis }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "cantus" {
          De- us in ad- iu- tó- ri- um  me- um in- ten- de.
     R/._Dó- mi- ne, ad ad- iu- ván- dum me fes- tí- na.
     Glo- ri- a Pa- tri, et Fí- li- o, et Spi- rí- tu- i Sanc- to
     Si- cut e- rat in prin- ci- pi- o,
et nunc et sem- per et in sæ- cu- la sæ- cu- ló- rum. A- men. Al- le- lú- ia.

\end{lilypond}

\end{document}