Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:58:46 +0200

Mark Polesky wrote:
> Joseph Wakeling wrote:
>> Really we need an expert on Turkish classical music to come and give
>> review or advice on Lilypond's functionality and documentation.  Who
>> originally implemented makam.ly?  No details are provided in the file...
>
> Ha! I was just looking at this two days ago (total coincidence).
> Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote the bulk of it:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-01/msg00750.html
> I've forwarded this message to him.

I've submitted a patch to lilypond-devel with extended documentation on
makam.ly and Turkish classical music.  If Andreas could take a look and
check its contents (and preferably extend it, since I'm not expert
enough to write on some aspects of this stuff:-) it would be great.

Thanks & best wishes,

    -- Joe