Re: where is the default auto-beam settings for 2/4 defined?

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Re: where is the default auto-beam settings for 2/4 defined?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:18:50 +0200

> I don't have the exact 2.12.2 version to hand,
> but if scm/auto-beam.scm is as you say there
> is no need to revert these settings as they
> only affect 32nd notes.  All you need to do is
> to change the default beat-grouping:
>
>  \set beatGrouping = #'(2)
>
> In version 2.12.1 (which I have to hand) there
> is also a rule which affects all beams.  This
> will need reverting if it exists in 2.12.2 with
>
> #(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 2 4) 1 4)

I confirm that the rule #(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 2 4) 1 4)
disappeared from 2.12.2
Your remark is interesting! The doc says if they are some rules
defined in auto-beam.scm, you MUST use #(override and #(revert...
But it seams we can mix the 2 methods...

extract of the doc in NR/1.2.4 Beams/Setting automatic beam behavior:
"There are two mutually exclusive ways in which these rules may be
modified. The first, modifying the grouping of beats, applies to
uncommon time signatures, i.e. those for which there are no predefined
rules defining the beam end points. The second method, modifying the
specification of the beam end points, can be used for any time
signature. This second method must be used for those time signatures
and beam durations combinations for which beam ending rules are
pre-defined, unless these have all been reverted. There are predefined
rules for time signatures of 3/2, 3/4, 4/4, 2/4, 4/8, 4/16, 6/8, 9/8
and 12/8. "

Frédéric
Frédéric Bron (address@hidden)
Villa des Quatre Chemins, Centre Hospitalier, BP 208
38506 VOIRON CEDEX
tél. : (33) 4 76 67 17 27