Re: Markup Causes Beaming Problem

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Markup Causes Beaming Problem
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 21:38:07 +0100

2009/9/5 Jonathan Wilkes <address@hidden>:

> Is this bug #430?

No, but it has been fixed recently.  I'll backport it to the stable
version in a moment so it'll be included in 2.12.3.

> Also, what's the best way to make that slur in the bass clef look nice?
> It seems to be colliding with the accent mark and with the bottom of one
> of the natural signs.  Any insight would be appreciated.

You could try tweaking 'ratio a bit to allow the slur to approach its
maximum height more easily and changing the slur avoidance for accents
(which defaults to 'around):

\once \override Slur #'ratio = #1
\once \override Script #'avoid-slur = #'inside

Regards,
Neil